0.75 kW – 2.8 MW (1.0 – 4,200 hp)
200 V / 400 V / 575 V / 690 V
The bread and butter of Control Techniques is honing our unique motor control algorithms, taking pride in our craft as any good craftsman would. This ensures that our Unidrive M series drives offer the highest control stability and bandwidth for every industrial motor type.
Unidrive M enables maximum machine throughput in every application and with every motor, from standard AC induction motors to dynamic linear motors and from energy saving hybrid permanent-magnet motors to high performance servo motors.
For Torque Control applications
- Precision torque control with up to 250 μs update rate
- Sensorless control of induction, permanent-magnet and hybrid PM motors
- 98% efficient, minimal energy lost during the power conversion process
- Easy common DC bus configuration, dynamic braking, and regenerative mode
- Full spectrum of stand-alone, modular and pre-assembled drives up to 2.8MW (4,200hp)
- On-board PLC to execute programs for logic and sequencing
For Speed Control applications
- Fully configurable S-ramps
- High bandwidth speed loop and switching frequencies supported up to 16 kHz
- Built-in, universal feedback interface supporting everything from resolvers to incremental and absolute encoders
- Stationary autotune
- Low acoustic noise due to adjustable multi-speed fan and intelligent thermal management
- Integrated Safe Torque Off (STO) input(s), certified to SIL3 / PLe
For Position Control applications
- Support for virtually all control bus technologies, including traditional fieldbuses and serial communications
- Effortless integration into PLC architectures with PLC Controlled Motion
- Built-in, 1.5 axis advanced motion controller with cam profiles, homing, and electronic gearbox
- Scalable integrated motion control reduces demand on, or can entirely replace, a central PLC
- Comprehensive motion safety functions, including over safe networks
The built-in, ultra-flexible speed and position feedback interface supports a wide range of feedback technologies from robust resolvers to high resolution encoders, including SinCos, EnDat, SSI, HIPERFACE and BiSS.
Unidrive supports sensorless control of induction, permanent-magnet, and hybrid PM motors, reducing system cost and improving robustness.
High performance and high power
With Unidrive there is no compromise between power and control performance. Unidrive supports high output switching frequencies throughout the power range, making it the drive of choice when your application demands uncompromised high performance control at high powers.
High bandwidth motor control supporting switching frequencies up to 16 kHz, for open and closed loop induction, servo and hybrid PM motors, giving up to 3,000 Hz current loop bandwidth and 250 Hz speed loop bandwidth. Unidrive, with its high speed variants, is suitable for applications where output frequencies above 600 Hz are needed, such as spindles and centrifuges.
Having one universal drive in control of multiple parts of the application radically simplifies machine design. Your engineering team only have one product to learn, allowing them to spend more time on other tasks. It also means a single, universal replacement for any maintenance, repair or operational need.
Modernising system design, replacing traditional electro-mechanical safety components with the capabilities of the latest generation of variable speed drives, is the new standard across industries to increase efficiency and availability.
Unidrive offers integrated single or dual Safe Torque Off (STO) inputs, certified to SIL3 / PLe, providing an elegant and more reliable solution over traditional motor contactors.
All Unidrive M series drives incorporate an easy to use, onboard PLC which can execute programs for logic and IEC 61131-3 motion and sequencing with real-time tasks.
Advanced Motor Controller
The Unidrive M700 series integrates a 1.5 axes Advanced Motion Controller, allowing motion functions to be synchronously carried out on the drive at 250 μs cycle time, minimising system latencies and maximising performance. By implementing motion control on the drive, the system design can be liberated from being tied to specific PLC vendors, at the same time reducing the computational load on the external PLC or even replacing it altogether.
Key features of the Advanced Motion Controller include:
- 250 μs cycle time
- Motion profile generator
- Electronic gearbox
- Simple cam profiles with point-to-point selectable interpolation
- Homing functions
- High speed position freeze (Touch probe)
MCi integrated machine controllers
Second processor for PLC programs and multi-axis control MCi modules add a powerful second processor to Unidrive M, extending the drive’s system and machine control capabilities to run application programs up to four times faster than a standard PLC. MCi programs can access and manage Unidrive M’s embedded Advanced Motion Controller across a wide range of networks, providing perfectly synchronised multi-axis machine performance.
The modules are powered from the drives internal power supply, which means less wiring and less physical space is required. They work seamlessly with external components such as I/O, HMIs and other networked drives through Unidrive M’s native communication ports and System Integration modules.
The MCi210 also provides two additional Ethernet ports with an internal network switch.